Why in the hell do they have to redo 'the day the earth stood still'?
Lord V~A~R~F~A The Cosmosuavapolitan
2008-09-14 01:53:25 UTC
What the fuck is up with this 'redo' classic movies that were just fine
in their initial incarnation and hold up as well now as when they were
made. Are the youth of today so hyped up on the cut scene that their
attention spans are so deficit? Are they so 'hip' as to not be able to
relate to people from only half a century gone?
Grüe
2008-09-14 03:09:17 UTC
Post by Lord V~A~R~F~A The Cosmosuavapolitan
What the fuck is up with this 'redo' classic movies that were just fine
in their initial incarnation and hold up as well now as when they were
made. Are the youth of today so hyped up on the cut scene that their
attention spans are so deficit? Are they so 'hip' as to not be able to
relate to people from only half a century gone?
fuck all that, there's talk of a Robocop remake. Not a sequel, a *REMAKE*.
You know, because the old one was made in like, 1987 or something, and
nobody remembers it.
Lord V~A~R~F~A The Cosmosuavapolitan
2008-09-14 05:01:13 UTC
Post by Grüe
fuck all that, there's talk of a Robocop remake. Not a sequel, a
*REMAKE*. You know, because the old one was made in like, 1987 or
something, and nobody remembers it.

Yeah, the memory span of people is amazing. i watch some game shows and
they might ask a question about music or TV and i say 'everybody knows
that'. But the youth usually have this blank look on their face:
dumbfounded and clueless [much like robby]! It's like: am i getting old,
or what?
Speaking of Remakes, i hear they are going to try and redo '2001'! Man,
i can't wait to see that tank. I saw the wretched remake of "rollerball'
and thought 'ugh! profane a classic!'
Eminence
2008-09-15 20:35:14 UTC
Post by Grüe
fuck all that, there's talk of a Robocop remake. Not a sequel, a
*REMAKE*. You know, because the old one was made in like, 1987 or
something, and nobody remembers it.
Yeah, the memory span of people is amazing. i watch some game shows and
they might ask a question about music or TV and i say 'everybody knows
dumbfounded and clueless [much like robby]! It's like: am i getting old,
or what?
Speaking of Remakes, i hear they are going to try and redo '2001'! Man,
i can't wait to see that tank. I saw the wretched remake of "rollerball'
and thought 'ugh! profane a classic!'
They should remake "The Phantom Menace."

Eminence
_______________
Usenet: Global Village of the Damned
rwa2play (Lost mode on)
Better yet, Lucas should redo all three pre-quels.
Eminence
2008-09-15 20:34:04 UTC
Post by Grüe
Post by Lord V~A~R~F~A The Cosmosuavapolitan
What the fuck is up with this 'redo' classic movies that were just fine
in their initial incarnation and hold up as well now as when they were
made. Are the youth of today so hyped up on the cut scene that their
attention spans are so deficit? Are they so 'hip' as to not be able to
relate to people from only half a century gone?
fuck all that, there's talk of a Robocop remake. Not a sequel, a *REMAKE*.
You know, because the old one was made in like, 1987 or something, and
nobody remembers it.
Why aren't these bastards remaking stuff that's begging for a redo,
like... well, basically anything ever shown on MST3K?

(Not that I want my treasured memories of Grade-Z schlock sullied, but
c'mon.)

Eminence
_______________
Usenet: Global Village of the Damned
Jason Todd
2008-09-15 20:46:30 UTC
Post by Eminence
Post by Grüe
Post by Lord V~A~R~F~A The Cosmosuavapolitan
What the fuck is up with this 'redo' classic movies that were just fine
in their initial incarnation and hold up as well now as when they were
made. Are the youth of today so hyped up on the cut scene that their
attention spans are so deficit? Are they so 'hip' as to not be able to
relate to people from only half a century gone?
fuck all that, there's talk of a Robocop remake. Not a sequel, a *REMAKE*.
You know, because the old one was made in like, 1987 or something, and
nobody remembers it.
Why aren't these bastards remaking stuff that's begging for a redo,
like... well, basically anything ever shown on MST3K?
(Not that I want my treasured memories of Grade-Z schlock sullied, but
c'mon.)
You're absolutely right. Better to take a bad/mediocre film that's
been forgotten by history and do something cool with it, than mess
with a classic. There were 3 or 4 Wizard of Oz movies before the 1939
film. And who remembers those? No one.

Jason "Hopefully those plans for a 'Casablanca' remake stay dead" Todd
LongRodSilver
2008-09-16 04:57:58 UTC
not any niggers in the original
Grüe
2008-09-16 15:45:13 UTC
Dear God, do we really need a remake of Manos: The Hands of Fate?
Eminence
2008-09-16 19:50:58 UTC
Post by Grüe
Post by Eminence
Why aren't these bastards remaking stuff that's begging for a redo,
like... well, basically anything ever shown on MST3K?
Dear God, do we really need a remake of Manos: The Hands of Fate?
Yes, but with more plot and less padding.

Or they could just let Uwe Boll take a shot at it.

Eminence
_______________
Usenet: Global Village of the Damned
David E. Powell
2008-09-17 21:22:48 UTC
Post by Eminence
Post by Grüe
Post by Lord V~A~R~F~A The Cosmosuavapolitan
What the fuck is up with this 'redo' classic movies that were just fine
in their initial incarnation and hold up as well now as when they were
made. Are the youth of today so hyped up on the cut scene that their
attention spans are so deficit? Are they so 'hip' as to not be able to
relate to people from only half a century gone?
fuck all that, there's talk of a Robocop remake. Not a sequel, a *REMAKE*.
You know, because the old one was made in like, 1987 or something, and
nobody remembers it.
Why aren't these bastards remaking stuff that's begging for a redo,
like... well, basically anything ever shown on MST3K?
(Not that I want my treasured memories of Grade-Z schlock sullied, but
c'mon.)
The remake of "The Thing" wasn't too bad.

I would LOVE to see THEM! remade. The action sequences would be like
"Starship Troopers" now.... they could even have a couple nods ot the
original (Like a Desert sheriff with an old Thompson gun, etc.) ALIENS
is probably the closest flick to "THEM!" especially the tunnel battles
at the end of the movie.
Post by Eminence
Eminence
Usenet: Global Village of the Damned