20 Most Overated Movies Of All Time
~Îñ©üßü§~
2005-08-18 16:01:38 UTC
http://www.imdb.com/poll/

Daily Poll

Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most
Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?

2001: A Space Odyssey
A Beautiful Mind
American Beauty
An American in Paris
Chariots of Fire
Chicago
Clerks
Easy Rider
Fantasia
Field of Dreams
Forrest Gump
Gone with the Wind
Good Will Hunting
Jules & Jim
Moonstruck
Monster's Ball
Mystic River
Nashville
The Red Shoes
The Wizard of Oz
Mike
2005-08-18 16:06:11 UTC
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
http://www.imdb.com/poll/
Daily Poll
Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most
Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Beautiful Mind
American Beauty
Kevin Spacey in mid-life crisis mode and Menu Suvari naked in a bath of
rose pedals. This ruled.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
An American in Paris
Chariots of Fire
Chicago
Clerks
Fuck whoever came up with this list. Clerks ruled! Nuff said.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Easy Rider
Fantasia
Field of Dreams
Forrest Gump
Great movie.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Gone with the Wind
Good Will Hunting
I got her numbah! How do you like dem apples? One of my favorite
movies.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Jules & Jim
Moonstruck
Monster's Ball
Mystic River
Wrong. Another great movie.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Nashville
The Red Shoes
The Wizard of Oz
Lord Hatred
2005-08-18 16:11:27 UTC
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
http://www.imdb.com/poll/
Daily Poll
Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most
Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?
2001: A Space Odyssey
The 20 minutes I watch before falling asleep look beautiful.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
A Beautiful Mind
American Beauty
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
An American in Paris
Haven't seen.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Chariots of Fire
Haven't seen in years.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Chicago
Clerks
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Easy Rider
Fantasia
Haven't seen.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Field of Dreams
Forrest Gump
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Gone with the Wind
Maybe. The Filmmakers deserve a lot of respect though.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Good Will Hunting
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Jules & Jim
Moonstruck
Never seen.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Monster's Ball
Fuck yes.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Mystic River
Nashville
Haven't seen.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
The Red Shoes
I still need to see the rest of this. But I vote "No" because it
inspired Martin Scorsese to become a filmmaker. I haven't seen more than
about 10 minutes of it but it looked very good.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
The Wizard of Oz
No way.
--
Stefan
http://pillartopost.blogspot.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lord_hatred/
Scott H

The Wizard of Oz
GoGoGadgetgirl!
2005-08-18 16:33:43 UTC
As usual with lists like this, the people in charge just *had* to throw
in some movies in order to seem cool. Like many, I can't believe
"Clerks" or "Mystic River" are on that list but I can gice a whole
hearty 'Oh HELL Yea!' for "Monster's Ball."

"Gone With The Wind" (humph) bunch of pizzles! I suppose there wasn't
room for "M" and I guess "Napolean Dynamite" might be on that list next
year...
the Bede
2005-08-18 16:55:45 UTC
Post by GoGoGadgetgirl!
As usual with lists like this, the people in charge just *had* to throw
in some movies in order to seem cool. Like many, I can't believe
"Clerks" or "Mystic River" are on that list but I can gice a whole
hearty 'Oh HELL Yea!' for "Monster's Ball."
but . . . but a BLACK FEMALE had sex with a WHITE MALE--on camera! don't
you understand how earthshakingly important that is?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
GoGoGadgetgirl!
2005-08-18 17:13:00 UTC
Post by GoGoGadgetgirl!
As usual with lists like this, the people in charge just *had* to throw
in some movies in order to seem cool. Like many, I can't believe
"Clerks" or "Mystic River" are on that list but I can gice a whole
hearty 'Oh HELL Yea!' for "Monster's Ball."
but . . . but a BLACK FEMALE had sex with a WHITE MALE--on camera!
don't
you understand how earthshakingly important that
is?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
---
I swear, I was waiting for some Epiphany while watching this flick. I
guess it came when Puff Daddy, er..P. Diddy, I meant Diddy (for now)
wasn't crappy in the few minutes he was in it.
Squad
2005-08-18 17:06:11 UTC
Post by GoGoGadgetgirl!
As usual with lists like this, the people in charge just *had* to throw
in some movies in order to seem cool. Like many, I can't believe
"Clerks" or "Mystic River" are on that list but I can gice a whole
hearty 'Oh HELL Yea!' for "Monster's Ball."
"Gone With The Wind" (humph) bunch of pizzles! I suppose there wasn't
room for "M" and I guess "Napolean Dynamite" might be on that list next
year...
I dare anyone to defend Tim Robbins in "Mystic River".

worst
acting
ever
GregoryD
2005-08-18 16:31:30 UTC
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
http://www.imdb.com/poll/
Daily Poll
Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most
Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?
2001: A Space Odyssey
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
A Beautiful Mind
Yes.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
American Beauty
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
An American in Paris
Chariots of Fire
Yes.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Chicago
Clerks
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Easy Rider
Very.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Fantasia
Hell no.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Field of Dreams
Forrest Gump
Hell no.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Gone with the Wind
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Good Will Hunting
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Jules & Jim
Was this the one where Johnny Depp played that guy with the odd quirk?
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Moonstruck
Monster's Ball
Very much so.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Mystic River
It was good, but the movie lasted 4 minutes too long.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Nashville
The Red Shoes
The Wizard of Oz
Hell no.

GregoryD
j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
2005-08-18 18:10:01 UTC
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
http://www.imdb.com/poll/
Daily Poll
Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most
Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?
2001: A Space Odyssey
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
A Beautiful Mind
Yes.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
American Beauty
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
An American in Paris
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Chariots of Fire
Yes.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Chicago
Clerks
Do people really rate either of these films all that highly? Clerks
was fun, but it's not like it was a mega-blockbuster or made it to lots
of "best of" lists. Chicago is a famous play/musical, but the movie
didn't make that much of a splash.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Easy Rider
Interesting choice, could be.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Fantasia
No, and I don't even like Disney.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Field of Dreams
Yes.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Forrest Gump
Hell yes, maybe the most overrated American film ever.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Gone with the Wind
Hell yes, the other candidate for most overrated American film ever.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Good Will Hunting
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Jules & Jim
Hell no.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Moonstruck
Maybe
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Monster's Ball
Have to admit I never saw it.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Mystic River
Maybe.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Nashville
No.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
The Red Shoes
Never saw it.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
The Wizard of Oz
Hell no.

--Joe (n.j.) [mWo]
Froggy in the [mWo]
2005-08-18 18:24:48 UTC
Post by j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Chicago
Clerks
Do people really rate either of these films all that highly? Clerks
was fun, but it's not like it was a mega-blockbuster or made it to lots
of "best of" lists.
I think it's amusing that Clerks made this list, when I think it's the
*least* overrated of any of his films (except for Mallrats, which is
underrated IMO.)
Post by j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
Chicago is a famous play/musical, but the movie
didn't make that much of a splash.
You know it made 170 Million domestically and won six Oscars including Best
Picture, right?

And I'd personally say it wasn't overrated. It was a fantastic film.

-Froggy
j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
2005-08-19 15:02:20 UTC
Post by Froggy in the [mWo]
Post by j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
Chicago is a famous play/musical, but the movie
didn't make that much of a splash.
You know it made 170 Million domestically and won six Oscars including Best
Picture, right?
I really ought to start paying you for all the needed corrections you
make to some of my music/film posts.--Joe (n.j.) [mWo]
-Froggy
Bregans
2005-08-18 18:46:42 UTC
No matter what ~Îñ©üßü§~ (~Îñ©üßü§~@Hollywood.com) says, there is no sex in
the Champagne Room.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
[...]
I've only seen 5 of these, so I won't comment.
--
Bregans

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."
GoGoGadgetgirl!
2005-08-18 19:04:43 UTC
Post by j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Forrest Gump
Hell yes, maybe the most overrated American film ever.
I'm probably one of the few that have never seen that flick. I got
tired of hearing how great it was, as well as that damned "Box of
chocolates..." line. Same thing with "Titanic." I had friends
*begging* me to go see it with them (making it their 3rd, 4th,
etc...time watching) but I just wasn't moved.
Post by j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Moonstruck
Maybe
I remember asking a teacher of mine to tape it for me when I was in HS.
He was in his late 50's/early 60's then and told me point blank that I
wouldn't like it, but taped it. I wished to God I listened to that
man.

I'll throw in another movie that seemed to be critcally acclaimed but I
never made it half way through watching: "Vanilla Sky."
Lord Gow, rogue bull of the 333!
2005-08-19 03:15:26 UTC
Post by GoGoGadgetgirl!
Post by j***@utnet.utoledo.edu
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
Forrest Gump
Hell yes, maybe the most overrated American film ever.
I'm probably one of the few that have never seen that flick. I got
tired of hearing how great it was, as well as that damned "Box of
chocolates..." line.
I saw it in the theater. Overated, but enjoyable. I liked how they worked in
every damn pop culture reference that they could.
Post by GoGoGadgetgirl!
Same thing with "Titanic." I had friends
*begging* me to go see it with them (making it their 3rd, 4th,
etc...time watching) but I just wasn't moved.
I saw the "guy's version". Some comedian said that women will probably enjoy
the whole movie. Men should just watch the second half, and it will be the
best movie you ever saw. He was right.

LG (missed the boobies tho. Yay! for the internet)
--
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the
active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, speech to the Virginia Convention,
March 23, 1775
Acolyte of Glorious La Parka~, PWN3R & PuppetMaster of Dancing Tards & RSPW'S ONE & ONLY TRUE Pope
2005-08-19 20:24:45 UTC
Post by Lord Gow, rogue bull of the 333!
Post by GoGoGadgetgirl!
Same thing with "Titanic." I had friends
*begging* me to go see it with them (making it their 3rd, 4th,
etc...time watching) but I just wasn't moved.
I saw the "guy's version". Some comedian said that women will probably enjoy
the whole movie. Men should just watch the second half, and it will be the
best movie you ever saw. He was right.
As a TITANIC Historian of 25+ years, I not only AWTP, but can tell you
that about 90% of TITANIC Historians AGREE with you.

Among long-time TITANIC buffs, the movie is known as 'The Leaky Love
Boat". Many outright hate it just for the Jack and Rose crap. Some of
us completely ignore the first half and watch only the 2nd. Almost all
the times I've viewed it, I start the tape or DVD from the moment the
iceberg is sighted (and FF past any 'Jack & Rose' scene unless it is
important to the overall historical story).

There is a CD set called "James Cameron's TITANIC Explorer", which
takes liberally from the movie, but eliminates ALL 'Jack & Rose' scenes
& references (as well as including a few deleted scenes, such as
Captain Smith calling the lifeboats back & the lifeboats refusing to
return, & the TITANIC's name on the bow submerging below the sea), with
a lot of historical facts & content & it is MUCH better regarded among
historians then the movie. I don't know if they still make it but it's
worth the cost if you can get it.

And if you ever want to see a WELL-MADE TITANIC movie, see A NIGHT TO
REMEMBER (1958) with Kenneth More. THAT is the flick most TITANIC
buffs regard as the best TITANIC movie ever made.

(P.S.-where can I obtain this "Guy's Version"?)
The Citizen
2005-08-18 19:20:05 UTC
How did Titanic and Scarface not make this list?

--
The Citizen
"Happy Endings Are Just Stories That Haven't Finished."
Double T the Legally Blind Referee
2005-08-18 19:43:51 UTC
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
[...]
here's my top 5 overrated from the above list

5.gone with the wind-way too long and the acting hasnt held up that well

4.Fantasia-bleh,not even fun to watch when you are on acid

3.Moonstruck-Cher cant act people

2.Chicago-i've tried watching this 4 times and everytime i fall asleep

1.Forrest Gump-boring "magical" handicapped film,the which isnt that
good is still 100 times better than the movie.

Trady Turtle for president
Scott H
2005-08-18 19:51:09 UTC
Post by Double T the Legally Blind Referee
1.Forrest Gump-boring "magical" handicapped film,the which isnt that
good is still 100 times better than the movie.
I got a headache trying to understand what the heck you were trying to
say here.
Double T the Legally Blind Referee
2005-08-18 19:58:20 UTC
Post by Scott H
Post by Double T the Legally Blind Referee
1.Forrest Gump-boring "magical" handicapped film,the which isnt that
good is still 100 times better than the movie.
I got a headache trying to understand what the heck you were trying to
say here.
yeah i doesnt make much sense to me either now.

WHat i was trying to say is it's another in a long line of hollywood movies
where the handicapped person makes good,plus the book,which isnt that
good,is 100 times better.

Trady Turtle for president
Lord Hatred
2005-08-18 20:40:59 UTC
Post by Scott H
Post by Double T the Legally Blind Referee
1.Forrest Gump-boring "magical" handicapped film,the which isnt that
good is still 100 times better than the movie.
I got a headache trying to understand what the heck you were trying to
say here.
I think "which" = "book".
Freezer
2005-08-18 22:23:15 UTC
If I don't reply to this ~Îñ©üßü§~ post, the terrorists win.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
[...]
Damn... That's a solid list. American Beauty and Field of Dreams
are the only ones I'd even _try_ to argue for.
--
My name is:
____ _

And my anti-drug is porn.
http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer
my name has 25 characters
2005-08-18 23:38:57 UTC
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
http://www.imdb.com/poll/
Daily Poll
Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most
Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?
Here are my picks.
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
A Beautiful Mind
American Beauty
Chicago
Fantasia
Gone with the Wind
Mystic River
Rockboy
2005-08-18 23:57:49 UTC
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
[...]
This list is pretty much spot on. All it's missing is Dead Poet's Society.
--
Rockboy
Everybody's all right
Everything is automatic
my name has 25 characters
YES! God, that movie is overrated.
Renaissance man
2005-08-19 04:55:30 UTC
What? No Titanic? No Aviator?

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats
The Wizard of Oz
Mr.ExtremeOne
2005-08-20 02:57:02 UTC
Post by Renaissance man
What? No Titanic? No Aviator?
BUCKAROO BONZAI!

HUDSON HAWK!

The last THREE STAR WARS!

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Evil Sideshow Bob
2005-08-19 22:08:06 UTC
~Îñ©üßü§~ <~Îñ©üßü§~@Hollywood.com>, sometimes I doubt your commitment
to Sparkle Motion!
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
http://www.imdb.com/poll/
Daily Poll
Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most
Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?
2001: A Space Odyssey
no
Post by ~Îñ©üßü§~
A Beautiful Mind