(RSPoliticsW) For Gow - the GOP Debate in Florida
Torrey M. Spears
2007-10-22 02:25:08 UTC
It was another fun debate, brah.
I'll say this. I've watched about seven debates this year.. the GOP
and the Dem debates. And let me say this. The GOP candidates... much
funnier. Better personality.

And why again won't the Dems participate in a FoxNews debate???

****

Note to the GOP candidates. ENOUGH WITH THE "RONALD REAGAN" NAME
DROPPING. For the love of Pete. This is ridiculous. We're not
invoking the spirit of the former President. It's time to move on. I
feel like Rick Pitino when he coached the Celtics! "RONALD REAGAN IS
NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR, FANS.

Now then - Giuliani didn't do anything to hurt himself tonight. He
got most of the airtime, he and Fred Thompson pretty much dominated
the night. I don't know that I am completely in love with the numbers
of questions to the upper and lower tier candidates. When Rudy goes
after Hillary - it's good TV.

Fred did 1,000 times better this time around. And he didn't look like
Death from Family Guy.

I am less and less impressed with Mitt Romney every time I see him.
He just seems too "political" - too polished. He seems like the GOP's
answer to Hillary and Edwards.

Mike Huckabee. Honest ... precise... well spoken... with solid ideas,
he is did absolutely fantastic for the little amount of time that he
had. It's a shame that he doesn't have the name recognition of the
Big Three - because he is absolutely outstanding.
Huckabee also landed the lines of the night - talking about "there's
nothing funny about Hillary being President"- and all the baby boomer
hippies getting ready to go on Medicare and getting "free drugs".

Tom Tancredo might as well not have been there - but he made some
strong poignant points.

I like John McCain. Really I do. But I can't see McCain as the
leader of the free world. Plus... his domestic spending ideas- and the
McCain/Feingold plan - put him on the backburner for me.

Ron Paul. Oh, what a joy to see Ron Paul flame out tonight - his
complete and utter lack of a foreign policy really showed tonight -
drawing countless "BOOS" from the crowd.
The man is living in the 1700's and clearly has no idea of the threat
we're facing.

But the night belonged to Mike Huckabee - who is clearly the candidate
who comes off as most presidential.

*** Mike Huckabee
** Rudy Giuliani
* John McCain

-- TMS
SyVyN11
2007-10-22 03:11:53 UTC
Post by Torrey M. Spears
It was another fun debate, brah.
I'll say this. I've watched about seven debates this year.. the GOP
and the Dem debates. And let me say this. The GOP candidates... much
funnier. Better personality.
And why again won't the Dems participate in a FoxNews debate???
short answer: They're cowards.

Longer answer: Their masters at moveon.org and George Soros won't let them,
they think that the friendly surroundings at cnn and msnbc will make the
dems look better. It doesn't, it makes them look weak.

Fox asks the tough questions, that's what the voters want.
****
-- TMS
Chad
2007-10-22 05:05:14 UTC
Post by Torrey M. Spears
****
[...]
Dance
--
Chad Bryant
www.chadbryant.net

If you listen to fools, the mob rules.
Andy Atkinson
2007-10-22 03:21:40 UTC
Post by Torrey M. Spears
[...]
While I admit that I don't follow politics nearly as much as you or
others here, I have heard similar compliments about Huckabee from other
sources. He is also my top hopeful for the GOP nom.

Ok, mostly because he's been on The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.
Andy Atkinson - has a spot in his pocket for Kucinich
Chad

Chad

Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!
2007-10-22 03:22:41 UTC
Post by Torrey M. Spears
It was another fun debate, brah.
Sorry I missed it. If only the Republicans would stop blocking the Dems "A
Cable for Every House" plan...
Post by Torrey M. Spears
I'll say this. I've watched about seven debates this year..
Brave soul...
Post by Torrey M. Spears
the GOP
and the Dem debates. And let me say this. The GOP candidates... much
funnier. Better personality.
Optimism will do that for you. The '04 conventions were pretty much the
same.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
And why again won't the Dems participate in a FoxNews debate???
Brit Hume is scarier than Osama Bin Laden? Mike Wallace is part of the
"vast, right-wing conspiracy"? They won't supply Edwards with his own
personal hairdresser?
Post by Torrey M. Spears
****
Note to the GOP candidates. ENOUGH WITH THE "RONALD REAGAN" NAME
DROPPING. For the love of Pete. This is ridiculous. We're not
invoking the spirit of the former President. It's time to move on. I
feel like Rick Pitino when he coached the Celtics! "RONALD REAGAN IS
NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR, FANS.
Yeah. I don't mind when the pundits make the comparisons, but when the
candidates themselves start up on it it just looks cheesy.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Now then - Giuliani didn't do anything to hurt himself tonight. He
got most of the airtime, he and Fred Thompson pretty much dominated
the night. I don't know that I am completely in love with the numbers
of questions to the upper and lower tier candidates.
That's one thing I liked about the "black issues" debate on PBS. The
questions were asked, and then they went right down the line and gave
everybody a chance at it. Sure, there was some repetition, but that's okay
too.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
When Rudy goes
after Hillary - it's good TV.
When ANYBODY goes after Hillary...
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Fred did 1,000 times better this time around. And he didn't look like
Death from Family Guy.
I like the guy but I do agree that he needs to find the next gear.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
I am less and less impressed with Mitt Romney every time I see him.
He just seems too "political" - too polished. He seems like the GOP's
answer to Hillary and Edwards.
Yup.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Mike Huckabee. Honest ... precise... well spoken... with solid ideas,
he is did absolutely fantastic for the little amount of time that he
had. It's a shame that he doesn't have the name recognition of the
Big Three - because he is absolutely outstanding.
Huckabee also landed the lines of the night - talking about "there's
nothing funny about Hillary being President"- and all the baby boomer
hippies getting ready to go on Medicare and getting "free drugs".
FWIW he had a good segment on Fox News Sunday this morning, and I agree with
his "You may not agree with me, but you know where I stand on issues and
it's the same place I've always stood." (paraphrase)
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Tom Tancredo might as well not have been there -
Not enough questions, or passion? How did Duncan Hunter (the other "other
guy") do?
Post by Torrey M. Spears
but he made some
strong poignant points.
I like John McCain. Really I do. But I can't see McCain as the
leader of the free world. Plus... his domestic spending ideas- and the
McCain/Feingold plan - put him on the backburner for me.
I agree with whoever said Secretary of Defense, tho personally I'd go with
Lee Ermey. :-)
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Ron Paul. Oh, what a joy to see Ron Paul flame out tonight - his
complete and utter lack of a foreign policy really showed tonight -
drawing countless "BOOS" from the crowd.
The man is living in the 1700's and clearly has no idea of the threat
we're facing.
SHIT!!! That would have been fun indeed.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
But the night belonged to Mike Huckabee - who is clearly the candidate
who comes off as most presidential.
He's got a nice slow burn, "tortoise and hare" race going (and he claims he
hasn't lost an iota of ground in polls or fundraising). If enough people
learn of his name he could be a definite threat.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
*** Mike Huckabee
** Rudy Giuliani
* John McCain
-- TMS
Thanks for the recap.

LG
--
No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the
will and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan
Patient Zero 2.0......Still #1 in the hearts of RSPW
2007-10-22 03:33:00 UTC
****
Post by Torrey M. Spears
But the night belonged to Mike Huckabee - who is clearly the candidate
who comes off as most presidential.
He's got a nice slow burn, "tortoise and hare" race going (and he claims
he hasn't lost an iota of ground in polls or fundraising). If enough
people learn of his name he could be a definite threat.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
*** Mike Huckabee
** Rudy Giuliani
* John McCain
-- TMS
Thanks for the recap.
LG
--
No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as
the will and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan
The Republicans are puppets for the eligious Right...So both parties are
CORRUPT!! 2008....Your vote determines which puppetmaster you like
better!!!
Chad
2007-10-22 05:05:55 UTC
****
Post by Torrey M. Spears
But the night belonged to Mike Huckabee - who is clearly the
candidate who comes off as most presidential.
He's got a nice slow burn, "tortoise and hare" race going (and he
claims he hasn't lost an iota of ground in polls or fundraising). If
enough people learn of his name he could be a definite threat.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
*** Mike Huckabee
** Rudy Giuliani
* John McCain
-- TMS
Thanks for the recap.
LG

Chad
2007-10-22 05:05:43 UTC
****
Post by Torrey M. Spears
But the night belonged to Mike Huckabee - who is clearly the
candidate who comes off as most presidential.
He's got a nice slow burn, "tortoise and hare" race going (and he
claims he hasn't lost an iota of ground in polls or fundraising). If
enough people learn of his name he could be a definite threat.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
*** Mike Huckabee
** Rudy Giuliani
* John McCain
-- TMS
Thanks for the recap.
LG
Dance

Jason Todd
2007-10-22 16:41:43 UTC
Post by Torrey M. Spears
the GOP
and the Dem debates. And let me say this. The GOP candidates... much
funnier. Better personality.
Optimism will do that for you. The '04 conventions were pretty much the
same.
"Optimism" another buzzword for "Dont Worry, Be Happy"
doodoodoodoodoo...
Post by Torrey M. Spears
And why again won't the Dems participate in a FoxNews debate???
Brit Hume is scarier than Osama Bin Laden? Mike Wallace is part of the
"vast, right-wing conspiracy"? They won't supply Edwards with his own
personal hairdresser?
Hah! Funny! Edwards hair jokes! What's next, Ted Kennedy drinks??
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Note to the GOP candidates. ENOUGH WITH THE "RONALD REAGAN" NAME
DROPPING. For the love of Pete. This is ridiculous. We're not
invoking the spirit of the former President. It's time to move on. I
feel like Rick Pitino when he coached the Celtics! "RONALD REAGAN IS
NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR, FANS.
Yeah. I don't mind when the pundits make the comparisons, but when the
candidates themselves start up on it it just looks cheesy.
As I have said before, they could solve the problem immediatley by
just nailing Nancy. But nooooooo....
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Now then - Giuliani didn't do anything to hurt himself tonight. He
got most of the airtime, he and Fred Thompson pretty much dominated
the night. I don't know that I am completely in love with the numbers
of questions to the upper and lower tier candidates.
That's one thing I liked about the "black issues" debate on PBS. The
questions were asked, and then they went right down the line and gave
everybody a chance at it. Sure, there was some repetition, but that's okay
too.
WHUMP!!
Sorry I just fainted when I read that...
You actually watched PBS?? And you're still living?? No mass breakout
of hives or boils...?
Post by Torrey M. Spears
When Rudy goes
after Hillary - it's good TV.
When ANYBODY goes after Hillary...
You know I had no idea how absolutely insane Hilary drives everyone
until seeing
the slope-headed morons who Fox had giving electronic comments at the
debates' end. "Hilary is going to destroy America as we know it!!"
blah blah blah.

These are Fox' audience? No wonder Dems don't want to appear...
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Fred did 1,000 times better this time around. And he didn't look like
Death from Family Guy.
He still looks like Snitsky though.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Mike Huckabee. Honest ... precise... well spoken... with solid ideas,
he is did absolutely fantastic for the little amount of time that he
had. It's a shame that he doesn't have the name recognition of the
Big Three - because he is absolutely outstanding.
Huckabee also landed the lines of the night - talking about "there's
nothing funny about Hillary being President"- and all the baby boomer
hippies getting ready to go on Medicare and getting "free drugs".
FWIW he had a good segment on Fox News Sunday this morning, and I agree with
his "You may not agree with me, but you know where I stand on issues and
it's the same place I've always stood." (paraphrase)
Once again, I will say that Huck is probably the best guy you've got
going right now. He's smarter than he lets on, competent, and
straightforward when talking not giving out canned responses like most
of the other guys. If he wasn't going to cater to the fundie nutjobs
I'd consider voting for him in the general.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Tom Tancredo might as well not have been there -
Not enough questions, or passion? How did Duncan Hunter (the other "other
guy") do?
Post by Torrey M. Spears
but he made some
strong poignant points.
NUKE MEXICO!!! is poignant<?>
Post by Torrey M. Spears
I like John McCain. Really I do. But I can't see McCain as the
leader of the free world. Plus... his domestic spending ideas- and the
McCain/Feingold plan - put him on the backburner for me.
Too old. His time is done. >
Post by Torrey M. Spears
But the night belonged to Mike Huckabee - who is clearly the candidate
who comes off as most presidential.
He's got a nice slow burn, "tortoise and hare" race going (and he claims he
hasn't lost an iota of ground in polls or fundraising). If enough people
learn of his name he could be a definite threat.
Post by Torrey M. Spears
*** Mike Huckabee
** Rudy Giuliani
* John McCain
-- TMS
Thanks for the recap.
Really, for a recap of any 'Pub debate just repeat HILARY'S THE
DEVIL!!
80 or 100 times.

Come to think of it, you could probably quit listening to Rush and
Hannity too. Just repeat that line for four hours a day...

Jason "Where was Marvin the Marti---I mean, Alan Keyes???" Todd
Amazing Kong's Exposed Titties
2007-10-23 01:04:32 UTC
Post by Torrey M. Spears
Tom Tancredo might as well not have been there -
Not enough questions, or passion? How did Duncan Hunter (the other
"other guy") do?
Post by Torrey M. Spears
but he made some
strong poignant points.
NUKE MEXICO!!! is poignant<?>
Post by Torrey M. Spears
*** Mike Huckabee
** Rudy Giuliani
* John McCain
-- TMS
Thanks for the recap.
Really, for a recap of any 'Pub debate just repeat HILARY'S THE
DEVIL!!
80 or 100 times.
Come to think of it, you could probably quit listening to Rush and
Hannity too. Just repeat that line for four hours a day...
Jason "Where was Marvin the Marti---I mean, Alan Keyes???" Todd
huh?

Chad

Gooserider
2007-10-22 05:25:11 UTC
Post by Torrey M. Spears
[...]
So are you saying that the Turks and Kurds would be going at it if we hadn't
deposed Saddam? Answer honestly. Would Iraq be tearing itself apart if we
hadn't deposed Saddam and destroyed their infrastructure? Interventionist
war is not an American principle, and it's damn sure not a Conservative one.

This was a Fox News audience, and they controlled which candidates got
tickets. Ron Paul had a HUGE crows outside the auditiorium but only got 1000
tickets. Do the math.